Forum Discussion

hawehans
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago
Solved

Cannot add git diffs when external diff viewer is configured

Hi,

we use an external diff tool for git under Linux. This is configured via .gitconfig (for details, see http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_vcs#gitlinux).

When we use the CodeCollaborator Linux GUI (version 6.5) to add files to a review, all differences are shown in the external tool, and no files are added to the review. CodeCollaborator says "Could not finish review job. Reason: No differences were found." The external tool doesn't seem to return the expected diff-output that CodeCollaborator wants to use.

As a workaround, I choose "Custom" in "Specify Diff Options" of CodeCollaborator GUI and add the option "--no-ext-diff" to the diff, e.g. "before_branch after_branch --no-ext-diff". Then it works fine.

Is there any way to have this done automatically and always?

Thanks and best regards,

Hans

P.S. Update: This seems to work fine with version 9.1. But we still would like to fix it for 6.5. Also, I couldn't figure out which ticket brought this improvement.

• Unfortunately, we only officially support the current and previous major releases; i.e. only 9.x and 8.x at present.  Our standard recommendation for users on older versions is to upgrade wherever possible (naturally, using a test environment first) into the window of supported versions.  (9.2 in most cases. If you were using IBM's RTC or could not upgrade past JRE 6, you'd probably have to stay on 8.4.8406 at present.)

1 Reply

• Unfortunately, we only officially support the current and previous major releases; i.e. only 9.x and 8.x at present.  Our standard recommendation for users on older versions is to upgrade wherever possible (naturally, using a test environment first) into the window of supported versions.  (9.2 in most cases. If you were using IBM's RTC or could not upgrade past JRE 6, you'd probably have to stay on 8.4.8406 at present.)