Forum Discussion

toddprickett
New Contributor
11 years ago

[CodeReviewer] Removing files from review?

I've searched the forums and found several posts about removing unwanted files from a review, but either something changed in Collaborator 8 or I'm doing something wrong.

First things first:  I created the review in the Collaborator Client.  I entered my five GIT commits in the "Enter Commits IDs:" text box.  In doing so, some of the committed files are files I don't want included in the review.

The forums say to go to the review and click the upload button.  At this point a "delete" link should appear next to the files without comments.  Instead, what I see is a dropdown from the button giving me a choice of uploading Files, URL, or Local Changes.  Each of those choices opens a new dialog.  

What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply

• Hi Todd, 

You can only delete files that don't have any comments or defects associated to them. Also, if the file is part of a changelist, the changelist is treated as a whole and the same rule applies; if any of the files in the changelist have comments or defects, you cannot delete the changelist. There are two different ways to remove files based on the version you're running. 

8.x 

You'll see a "Delete" button on the right side of the screen above the file in the Review Materials section. You may need to change the "View as" option to "Separate" in order to delete the file. The file cannot be removed if the delete button is grayed out. 

6.x - 7.x 

The review must be placed into edit mode in order to delete a file. Thereafter, you'll see a "Delete" link at the far left of the screen next to the file within the Materials section. If the link is missing, the file cannot be removed.

Thank you, 

Sherif Sallam