Forum Discussion

PiotrG
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

GUI crashes - menu bar is invisible and problems with popup windows

Hi all,

I got problem with Ready API! 1.7. When I open it there are problems with showing content of popup windows and application menu bar is missing.
In running log I see lot of similar exceptions (one of logs in attachment):
java.lang.Error
at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUIError(UIDefaults.java:730)

In GUI it results with something like below. You can see in the middle broken popup window with a question "Exit Ready! API?" and I don't have any chance to answer it. Additionally there is no menu bar so I can't access many functions and keyboard shortcuts also doesn't work (so I can't import projects, can't save, can't open existing one).

Did anyone of you experienced something similar in the past? Is there any workaround?

A friend of mine says it can be related to the Oracle SSO but I don't have any chance to disable it.

Some background:

Everything was OK up to the last week when I've removed from my machine all the JREs except 1.6.0.45 (I had 1.7.0.73, 1.8.0.87 and the newest was always set as system default one). I got a couple of JDKs. Anyway it shouldn't be a problem as I'm using Ready API distributed with own JRE.

Env details:
- JRE 1.6.0.45 as default at system level

- JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_73

- JRE_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_73\jre

- Windows 7 x64

- 16 GB RAM

- Ready API 1.7 32b, distributed with own JRE

Problem is the same for all Ready API 1.7 versions and combinations of variants:

- x64

- 32b

- with own JRE

- without

Command to run Ready API looks like:
"C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\..\jre\bin\java" -Xms128m -Xmx900m -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties -Dgroovy.source.encoding=iso-8859-1 "-Dsoapui.home=C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\\" -splash:ready-api-splash.png -Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true -Dsoapui.ext.libraries="C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\ext" -Dsoapui.ext.listeners="C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\listeners" -Dsoapui.ext.actions="C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\actions" -Djava.library.path="C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\\" -Dwsi.dir="C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\..\wsi-test-tools" -cp "C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\ready-api-ui-1.7.0.jar;C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\..\lib\*;C:\dev\ReadyAPI-1.7.0-win32\bin\..\.install4j\*" com.smartbear.ready.ui.ReadyApiMai

2 Replies

pusanggala
    New Contributor

PiotrG,

I am having a similar issue of menu bar not showing up.

Were you able to fix your issue? Did you get a solution for the problem?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

PiotrG
      Occasional Contributor

There was issue and correlation with Oracle Single SignOn. We had to disable/kill it during soapUI start. When it was off then everything was fine (at least from GUI point of view).