Forum Discussion

fikarvart
New Contributor
13 years ago

User based ramp-up

Hello there,

I need to run test scenario, where I have 100 users. They are all doing the same test case, which I have already composed with soapUI and hence, running it in loadUI with soapUI Runner. The scenario should run for 1 hour with those 100 users. However, I need to ramp up my user so that in every 5th second one user is ramped up to the test scenario. So, the ramp-up time is 5 x 100 = 500 sec => 8 mins, 20 secs. How can I implement this sort of user based ramp-up time?

1 Reply

AndyHughes
    Regular Contributor
    I guess the ramp up generator if you think about it just controls the rate at which SOAPUI test cases are launched. I suppose it depends on what those users are doing in their own little worlds. If they are just executing one test after another (not concurrently) and the load aspect comes in when you introduce multiple users then all you are really talking about is ramping up the number of requests over the course of 8mins 20 secs to a maximum value of 100 concurrent requests. Admittedly with the ramp generator you can only say x requests per y seconds which isn't quite the same. I guess what you really need is a graded fixed load generator so you can change the load incrementally every y seconds. Difficult one!!