Forum Discussion

shand2i
17 days ago
Solved

How to Use Digest Authentication in SOAP UI

I want to test a SOAP API using Digest Authentication, but I only see the option for Basic Authentication in the interface. Can anyone help me understand how to use the interface for Digest Authentication?

• Hi shand2i 

SoapUI Open Source has limitations when it comes to authentication. 
    While it offers Basic Authentication through its user interface, Digest Authentication is not directly supported. 

Despite Pre-emptive Basic Authentication can be used as ab other option in certain situations, it doesn't provide true Digest Authentication. 
    However you can configure SoapUI to include the username and password in the initial request by enabling the "Preemptive Authentication" option in the HTTP Settings preferences (File > Preferences > HTTP Settings). 

This may be sufficient for servers that accept Basic Authentication in response to Digest challenges

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi shand2i 

SoapUI Open Source has limitations when it comes to authentication. 
    While it offers Basic Authentication through its user interface, Digest Authentication is not directly supported. 

Despite Pre-emptive Basic Authentication can be used as ab other option in certain situations, it doesn't provide true Digest Authentication. 
    However you can configure SoapUI to include the username and password in the initial request by enabling the "Preemptive Authentication" option in the HTTP Settings preferences (File > Preferences > HTTP Settings). 

This may be sufficient for servers that accept Basic Authentication in response to Digest challenges

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards