Forum Discussion

SlickRick
Contributor
2 months ago

Azure pipeline - All test pass by timeout occurs

Hi all,

im experiencing an issue which is rather new on my azure pipeline.

It seems like the task that runs my test complete tests will timeout out even though all the test passes.

For example in this case, all the tests runs in about 30min, but then it will simply do nothing for about 1h and then failing since it hits my timeout.

This have never occurred before and could be related to a recent TestComplete/TestExecute software update (not 100% sure).

I was wondering if anyone experienced this or if they know what could be the cause.

It seems a bit random too since re-running the test will often work.

Here is how it looks like:

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you using TestComplete Command Line in your Azure Pipeline? If yes, have you specified the /exit or /e parameters? I suggest removing /Timeout

Also, are you exiting your test correctly i.e. closing down the application after finishing all tests?

If it's intermittent, then it could suggest there could be issues with the either TC or the Pipeline.

• No im not using the command line. Im using the testcomplete task with visual studio test task:

Again, this seems to be an issue with testcomplete per say but wanted to check with the community to see if anyone experienced this. Will create a ticket.

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Cannot say anything about Run TestComplete UITests task, but some of our pipelines use Vs Test task (also described in examples in TC documentation) and we have no problem with timeouts:

• The only way I can reproduce that is by canceling the job myself.  Is there a someone else who could have cancelled it?  

How was build job triggered a schedule, CI/CD code changes?  I remember seeing something similar when a time limit  was added to a build job, or a certain number of failures.