Forum Discussion

yuvarani_palani
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Frame Objects are not displayed in Object tree for Chrome browser

I am developing script for my client who have purchased Testcomplete Licence.

I am using licenced version TestComplete 8.7

I am developing scripts for webapplication that use Iframe.

My Script is working fine in IE browser, when i try to execute the script in chrome browser i had problem the test complete does not read the HTM objects inside the Frame

Chrome Version 19

FYI: I have changed "tcCrHook.dll" for Chrome browser 19 and TastComplete 8

i got this from the following link "http://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/"

• Hi Yuvarani,

As a rule, using the --disable-web-security and --allow-file-access-from-files command-line parameters helps. Could you please check whether the objects in the frame are visible in TestComplete 9.31?

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Yuvarani,

Make sure that the TestComplete Chrome Support extension is installed and enabled on your computer. Please refer to TestComplete 8's "Specifics of TestComplete Support for Google Chrome" help topic (by selecting Help | Index in TestComplete's main menu) for details.

BTW, I suggest that you consider upgrading to TestComplete 9 as this product version provides the special Cross-Browser Testing feature.

• Hi Tanya,

I have tried the steps, what has given under "Specifics of TestComplete Support for Google Chrome" topic once again.

but still i had the same problem.

TesComplete reads Panel objects but it is not reading the Frame objects.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Yuvarani,

As a rule, using the --disable-web-security and --allow-file-access-from-files command-line parameters helps. Could you please check whether the objects in the frame are visible in TestComplete 9.31?