Forum Discussion

tiffany_ip
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Java (javaw) processes not recognized by TestComplete

Hello,

I have a problem related to the javaw.exe processes on TestComplete. I would open two Java programs and the first one will always be recognized whilst the second one will never be. The order can change so indexing is not advisable.

I went through this thread, it is very similar: http://smartbear.com/forums/f74/fp47/t51744/Any-way-to-get-around-multiple-processes-for-on

I followed the solution and made sure that both programs do not contain the same mapping criteria and yet the problem still persists. So the only factor would be the mapping criteria of the Java process itself.

Program 1: Sys.Process("javaw").SwingObject("name", etc, index)

Program 2: Sys.Process("javaw", 2).SwingObject("name", etc, index)

I mapped the names of the programs like this - again they dont have same properties for mapping criteria:

Sys.Java.xEdit

Sys.Java.Navigator

This is the Java's mapping criteria:

ProcessName: javaw

Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe

It will NEVER recognize the index 2(secondary) java program despite having NO mapping criteria to the indexes.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tiffany,

Can you post here the <ProjectName>/NameMapping/NameMapping.tcNM file so that we could clearly understand your mapping criteria?

tiffany_ip
    Occasional Contributor
    Here's the file, though I made a typo in my original message:

The name map of the programs are:

Sys.Java.xEdit

and

Sys.Java.iNavigator

I forgot to mention that if either of the programs are running solo, without another Java program in the way, it will be recognized. It's when both are up and running that testcomplete will start being choosey.

****I can't seem to upload a .tcNM file.....*********
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tiffany,

****I can't seem to upload a .tcNM file.....*********

Sorry for this. We've corrected this. Please try again.