Forum Discussion

santoshinivuppa
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Need help scripting tests using Jscript

Hi,

I have just started using Test Complete tool. Explored the keyword tests and record script options...would appreciate if some one could help me with how to prepare my own script tests using Jscript.

If you could provide some sample test scripts in javascript nothing like it.

Thanks a million,

Santoshini
  • Hi, 

I also started resently 4/5 months with no experince in jSript testing and previously had only couple of months TC experince. I find all the nessasry help is out there either in TC documents and in internet.

It is hard to provide pre-written tests since every thing depends on your application and what u need to test on it. So my suggestion to you is start with a simple test. When you get stuck (sure u will) read TC douments and google and then ask specific question in this forum. 

By no time you will be writing advance scripts your own...good luck..!

regards

Philip_Baird
    Community Expert
    Hi Santoshini, that is an incredibly broad subject.

Could you tell us:

1. Your level of JScript experience

2. What exactly are you wanting to test, e.g. Windows app, Web app, backend service etc.

Regards,

Phil Baird

santoshinivuppa
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.  I just learnt Javascript and tried Test Complete tool for a week with recording...now would like to test a web application by writing my own script besides would also be interested in Database testing as well as Web services testing. My company is currently into developing an ASP.Net application which also involved database testing and Web services testing.

Would appreciate if you could send some sample scripts over... 

Thanks a lot
    mikec_1
    Occasional Visitor
    You can get the general idea of how the JScript works when you record as a script instead of keyword.  When you stop recording all the javscript code is generated.  You should be able to get a good idea of where to go from there.

Just my 2 cents.
    NisHera
    Valued Contributor
    Hi, 

I also started resently 4/5 months with no experince in jSript testing and previously had only couple of months TC experince. I find all the nessasry help is out there either in TC documents and in internet.

It is hard to provide pre-written tests since every thing depends on your application and what u need to test on it. So my suggestion to you is start with a simple test. When you get stuck (sure u will) read TC douments and google and then ask specific question in this forum. 

By no time you will be writing advance scripts your own...good luck..!

regards