Forum Discussion

ray_mosley
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago

TestComplete 9.0: Unsupported 8.7 capabilities

There are several topics out there listing 8.7 capability that is no longer supported in 9.0.  For instance, topics:

unable to find the object wRowCount

Failure to recopngnize object previously recognized

WaitWindow() issues

are just a few.

1) I have also found it difficult to get the value of some objects; the GetText method I used in 8.7 is misssing from many objects.

2) the wRow and wCol properties are missing.

3) Objects are recorded differently in 9.0, so your 8.7 scripts surely fail. For instance, my application error popup windows had properties RecordClass and RecordCaption in 8.7, but is recorded as WndClass and WndCaption in 9.0.

If you have discovered issues, perhaps you could add the link to your forum thread, or reply to this thread with the information.

2 Replies

hlalumiere
    Regular Contributor
    I think some of your issues have to do with your project configuration, in particular MSAA options. WndClass has always been there, it's not from TestComplete, it's a basic Win32 property. Why it would be called otherwise on your previous project is anyone's guess. Try to compare project options between the old and the new.

• Hello Harlan,

Thanks for your feedback.

I would say that Hugo is right - in many cases we are seeing, there is nothing wrong with TestComplete. Here are the statuses of the issues you mentioned:

>>> unable to find the object wRowCount

The solution Dinesh found was:

Found the solution for it. Need to add these controls in object mapping section of the current project properties.

As for this one:

>>> Failure to recopngnize object previously recognized

The response from Support indicated that there was an issue with the script itself:

Regarding the original problem, it looks quite expected that your code posted in the first post doesn't work. First, WaitChild waits for objects by name - it accepts exactly the 'Name' property value shown in the Object Browser. The 'taskBarProcesses' array contains values which cannot be object names. These can probably be mapped names, but in this case, WaitChild won't work because it doesn't use mapped names for recognition. Actually, WaitChild is left only for compatibility since TC3 where object naming was different, and we don't recommend using it. In later versions of TC, specialized Wait methods were added.

And this one is still under investigation, we will try to get back with some results soon.

>>> WaitWindow() issues

As for the problems you are experiencing, could you please open a case with us directly, and provide more information on the problems, including:

* The type of your tested application (compiler, version).

* Screen shots, videos, Test Logs, and the scripts demonstrating the problems.

We will do our best to assist you! Thanks!