Forum Discussion

dcfecker
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

TestExecute works on my dev computer but not on another test-bot computer

I just install TextExecute on my dev computer and also on another test-bot computer. The tests I created for my desktop app on my dev computer work just fun through TestExecute. But they fail in TestExecute on the test-bot computer. The OS is the same Windows 10 Enterprise. The application come up as expected, but TestExecute cannot find the first item in the test.

• Ok, found the solution. From what I can tell there was some namemapping that I didn't include in my git repo from the testComplete build. Once I added the namemapping to the repo and pulled it into my testExecute machine it worked fine.

4 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero
    • What type of application you are testing?
    • Have you make sure whether you did the same setup for both machines with your AUT as well as Test Execute?
    • What error you are getting it in another machine?

dcfecker
      Contributor

Its a WPF based windows app. The App opens just fine in both systems using TestExecute.

Yes, both systems are running Win10 Enterprise, nothing else really on them. Though I did notice the test system is Windows 10 Enterprise "N". Not sure if that would affect anything. The version and OS build of Win10 are different

The error is this:

Unable to find the object SurfaceToggleButton. See Additional Information for details.

Additional Information:

The object with the specified attributes does not exist.

Tested object:
      Aliases.Live_Earth.HwndSource_ReplayMainWindow.ReplayMainWindow
      ()

dcfecker
        Contributor

I've recreated the test platform identically. The same OS Build, version, etc on both PCs. I know that TestExecute is working as expected with the Application because it opens and recognizes that the app is open. I've also confirmed that the object hierarchy to "SurfaceToggleButton" is identical on both machines. 

I still can't figure out why it can't see the SurfaceToggleButton on the TestExecute only machine, but running TestExecute on the TestComplete machine all works as designed.