Forum Discussion

anatar02
Contributor
12 years ago

Why the RibbonControl Items are not exist in the NameMapping?

All, 

We have a serious issue with the RibbonControl, infact we blocked automating the test cases. let me explain the issue in detail.

I have a RibbonControl, which contains some Items some thing like New|Edit|ResetPassword|find, please find the ribbon.jpgfor your references. 

the issue is, I am able to click the Item by using the below code.

Aliases["RetailSuite_AdminConsole"]["MainForm"]["ribbon"]["ClickItem"]("Users|Edit|New");

but the issue is above code is working fine if i am using some sleep statement, but that makes the scripts execution time higher, as i would be having 10000 scripts. so please advice me some synchronous wait statement.                                                                                             Note : - Find|New|Edit|Resetpassword these are the Items exists in the Ribbon controllers and those items were not exist in the NameMapping, so please advice us is there any setting needs to be done to get the controllers
  • please advice me on this as its really blocking our productivity  

• please advice me on this as its really blocking our productivity  

• I have found the workaound. here is the workaound<br /> <br /> <div> &nbsp; flg=200000000;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; while(flg!=0)</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; {&nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;test=Regions[&quot;ribbon&quot;][&quot;Check&quot;](Aliases[&quot;RetailSuite_AdminConsole&quot;][&quot;MainForm&quot;][&quot;ribbon&quot;][&quot;Picture&quot;](62, 72, 32, 48, false));</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Log[&quot;Message&quot;](test) &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;if (test==true)</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; {</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; break;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;flg--;</div> <div> &nbsp;</div> <div> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;} &nbsp;<br /> <br /> Thanks Smear bear support team for not replying</div>