Forum Discussion

SOAPBegUser
New Contributor
3 days ago

How to return the results or log files, from the testrunner.bat command line

Hi,

The Test Suite seems to run successfully, but the expected result isn't happening, but more importantly (for the purpose of this thread) it's not sending any log files to the folder specified in the f parameter.

On the command line, we get validations that the command seems to have been run successfully

Assertion [SOAP Response] has status VALID

The only Warning (not an error) is that it can't delete a temp folder.

https://www.soapui.org/docs/test-automation/running-from-command-line/functional-tests/

Here's the command line, which I obtained from executing "Launch TestRunner" in the menu.

testrunner.bat -sCorpExtract_20240916 -cCorpExtract_20240916 -GReportID=17224 -f"c:\Infrastructure_Group\SOAP\OPENXX\CorpExtract" c:\MyOrg\Projects\OpenXXScripts\PROD-Ph-OpenXXService-20240912c-soapui-project.xml

Also, do I have the variable override written correctly, as

-GReportID=17224

above?  In the Test Step xml, this comes from

<tem:RegenerateReportRequest>
         <tem:ReportID>?</tem:ReportID>
      </tem:RegenerateReportRequest>

SOAPBegUser
    New Contributor

Never mind, got it.  I hadn't configured the Log Output folder in the Launch TestRunner dialogs. 

I updated with Launch Testrunner dialog box, specifically the Reports tab, checking the option

Export All

, and injecting the Root Folder on that same Reports tab.

It's still not completing the job itself, but at least the log file gave me a clue.  Probably the format of the ReportID assignment.

There is an error in XML document (5, 40). ---> Input string was not in a correct format