Forum Discussion

marin
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago

Calling a script on a web page causes "Permission denied" error in IE9

Hello all,

in my test project I have a method that calls a JavaScript function in the tested page (a page with an infragistics grid control) via contentDocument.Script:

var myGrid = myPageObj.contentDocument.Script.igtbl_getGridById(myID)

This is to obtain reference to the grid in order to perform various actions in its cells.

It works perfectly in Firefox 22 but does not work on IE9 -> there I get a runtime error in JScript  with "Permission denied." message.

I guess it must be some security setting for Internet Explorer, but all my attempts to set the right configuration are futile.

TestComplete version is 9.30.3373.7 on a Win 7 Professional x64.

I wonder if somebody could point me in the right direction?

Many thanks for any hints.

Marin

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Marin,

Just an idea: do you start TestComplete using the 'Run As Administrator' option?
    marin
    Frequent Contributor
    Hello Alexei,

many thanks for your reply.

I am local administrator on the machine where I start the TestComplete IDE.

Today I updated to the latest build 9.31.3889.7 but the behavior is the same there unfortunately.

To check if admin rights are causing this I started TC "As Administrator" but to no avail - the "Permission denied" error will be thrown when the above mentioned line of code is executed - in Internet Explorer only.

In Firefox 23.0.1 everything works OK - no error is thrown there... I am really clueless.

Is there anything that I could do to get to the bottom of the problem? Any suggestions to enable detailed logging or similar?

Many thanks again for attending to this.

Marin