Forum Discussion

aflyte
New Contributor
9 years ago

How to set remote server screen resolution to work with GUI tests recorded in Remote Desktop

I'm trying to run tests through a remote server following the instructions in this article: https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/72794/?FullScreen=0

My tests seem to be clicking on random objects, rather than the mapped objects, while I am disconnected from the RDP session. It is a SilverLight application, and I have been mapping the objects through the Object Spy tool's default mapping, which appears to be an object tree.

Are there other issues I need to confirm when running the tests while disconnected?

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

If you leave the RDP session active, do the tests work properly?

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Yeah.

If you are remoted in via RDP, and then kill the remote connection, it tends to break the tests and the session closing causes TC to lose access to the GUI.

Try VNC for remote viewing instead. You can drop in and out as you please without interfering with the user session and upsetting the test run.

tonydugay
        Contributor
        You can use this command from a command prompt (you may need to be administrator) when in your RDP session: tscon 0 /dest:console You may need to change 0 to the userID of your RDP session - find this using Task Manager and click the Users tab.
      aflyte
      New Contributor

Yes, they do. I have them running at nearly 100% consistency rate while I'm logged in. I'm mapping the objects through the Object Spy since I figured they were mapping them through Silverlight properties and would be more reliable. But, when I look at the pictures of the test run, I can see it is clicking on different objects than the ones I've mapped.

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

Don't think it matters that you leave it unlocked.

I just know killing an RDP session during a run will mess things up. Hence our use of VNC for dropping in on remote tests ...