Forum Discussion

Vault76er
Occasional Contributor
8 hours ago

Is it possible to do load testing with testcomplete automation?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any way of running a load test with testcomplete automation? I would picture a load test something like creating a piece of automation to perform a sequence of tasks, and having everyone in the office run that off their desktops over lunch or something. But is that possible without buying everyone in the office a very expensive testcomplete license first? I can't find any reference to a runtime license, it seems like you need a license to both create automations and to run them.

• As you suggested, you would need a TestComplete or TestExecute license for anyone executing the tests.  TestExecute would be appropriate for anyone only running the tests.  TestComplete would be appropriate for anyone editing the tests.

TestComplete is not optimized for load testing.  There are better options available.  For web applications SmartBear has LoadNinja.

Vault76er
      Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I figured, thanks for responding. It's a desktop app, rather than web. And for the scenario in question, it's a matter of combined back end and front end response. I'll search online for other possibilities. Thanks!