Forum Discussion

ḥari
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago

Real mobile devices

Hi Team,
Can any one suggest me to do the mobile testing in real devices connected to TestComplete scripts?

Actually I tried to implement through Virtual Browser but it's not properly worked for me. So, I am looking to connect real device to TestComplete.
Suggest me to go with "mobile web testing on real device" Or anything else if you have an idea about this!

• hi ḥari 

This is the updated link : https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/mobile/device-cloud/index.html

Mobile testing on real devices through TestComplete refers to Native Mobile app testing, where you can connect to one of our mobile devices to create and run your tests.

For web testing you can create cross-platform web tests locally and then run them on BitBar using the Run Remote Browser operation, or by setting up cloud environments in your execution plan.

You can read about this here : Running Cross-Platform Web Tests in Parallel 

ḥari
      Frequent Contributor

mikef

Thanks for response. My requirement is web testing and want to connect that real mobile device in TestComplete and execute those scripts. So what I understood is based on those links,

1. Need to add the appium extensions
      2. Get the BitBar API key.
      3. Create script and get json files
      4. Execute script

Now, it's updated as Bitbar mobile cloud and Bitbar web cloud which I want to use here little confused with documents. 

Am I understood is correct or I missed something here. Could you please give me clarity about this?

Many thanks.

• Hi ḥari 

No, that applies to native mobile apps only. To run Web tests on a mobile browser in BitBar, you would use either the Run Remote Browser operation or configure parallel device cloud environments in the Execution Plan.

Take a look at the two videos on this page for a quick demonstration of running Web tests on BitBar mobile browsers : Cross-Platform Web Tests 

ḥari
      Frequent Contributor
      mikef selenium grid will automatically connect to TestComplete Or we want to configure anything for that
  • No, this information pertains to running TestComplete tests on BitBar. 

To run your Selenium scripts on BitBar, you don't need TestComplete, you can generate the required capabilities in the BitBar UI and connect to the remote webdriver directly.

See here : BitBar : Automated Testing 

ḥari
      Frequent Contributor

mikef  No I am not using selenium here, in that video it shows Bitbar it will connect to selenium grid so only asked.

Here, no need to configure anything. Just I need BitBar API key and then based on that video I want to process that enough know. Please let me know