Forum Discussion

TestQA1
Frequent Contributor
3 days ago

Starting test complete with debug mode from command line

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way where I can start our desktop application in debug mode from command prompt as our application cannot be launched from Tested Application option which would be an easy option to start debugging.

Any thoughts please.

Thanks

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Speak to the application developers of your tool, and ask them to compile the application in debug mode.

Unless you can pass parameters to your application to switch to run in debug mode.

Otherwise, it's not possible.

TestQA1
      Frequent Contributor

I will more information and get back, 

Thanks

TestQA1
        Frequent Contributor

Meanwhile, can you please help me understand the below:

1. Can we run app in debug mode in test complete if we are launching with powershell script or batch file such as Sys.OleObject("WScript.Shell").Run('cmd /c "' + path + 'start.bat"'); I created this batch and added in Tested App. Tried running as Simple mode, which atleast launched the application but selecting debug option throws error 'file not found'. Is there any way we can start in debug mode from command line.
        2. I have a powerhsell script; WshShell.Run("powershell -file \"" + path + "start.ps1\"" + " " + system); Can we provide any parameter to start in debug mode with .Run method. 

Our app is desktop written in java.