Forum Discussion

akuczkowski
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 10.6 broke iOS playback?

We upgraded from TestComplete 10.5 to 10.6 and found that our automation was broken because there are huge delays after each action while TestComplete sits "waiting for the animation playback to complete". There is no animation going on and this same script works fine in 10.5. This is a problem throughout the test and the app, it's not just one place. I downgraded to TestComplete 10.5 and the script worked fine again with none of these delays. I have an open case with SmartBear support on this but haven't heard if they have been able to reproduce this yet. I wanted to mention this as a warning and also to see if anyone else had upgraded to TestComplete 10.6 and either does or does not have this problem with iOS automation.

Thanks,

Adam

• We got a response from Support and are going to try a work around so we can use 10.6.

I've received a reply from our R&D team. The developers acknowledge the existence of the issue with waiting "for the animation playback", but currently they aren't sure that it can be solved in the near future. As a workaround, they suggested that you change the Options.Run.Timeout option value to some small value (e.g. 1000ms) before the actions which make TestComplete wait for the animation. Once the problematic actions are performed, the value of  Options.Run.Timeout can be restored to its default value (10000ms).

4 Replies

• We got a response from Support and are going to try a work around so we can use 10.6.

I've received a reply from our R&D team. The developers acknowledge the existence of the issue with waiting "for the animation playback", but currently they aren't sure that it can be solved in the near future. As a workaround, they suggested that you change the Options.Run.Timeout option value to some small value (e.g. 1000ms) before the actions which make TestComplete wait for the animation. Once the problematic actions are performed, the value of  Options.Run.Timeout can be restored to its default value (10000ms).

• Hi there,

It seems i'm experiencing the same issue as you :(

It would be helpfull if this could be fixed asap since there are other features in this build that would be great leverage.

nginoza
      Frequent Contributor

Hi All

Thank you very, very much for the heads up. I will hold off upgrading until this is resolved.

altus_nel
        Contributor

Hi there,

I'm not sure what changed, but it seems to be ok for me now.

So in other words, iOS tests are fine!

Regards,

Altus