Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Cross Browser Testing - totally different Object Browser Structur btw. Firefox12 and IE9

Greetings,

The mapped IE HTML Table objects cannot be used for cross browser testing with firefox. The object structur is obviously very different, please also see the screenshots with same application but different browser.

Even when i use "extended Find" and "Conditional Mode" in namemapping, it is still very hard to match both browser objects because of big differences.

Please note i prepared all necessary steps for cross browser testing, such as MSAA mapping with Firefox etc.

Please help me to make cross browser testing easier.

Thanks,

Lee

4 Replies

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Hanya,

i use TC9.20 and it seems that no Patch is needed for FF12. if i do not use MSAA mapping, FF browser window object does not show any child objects, its empty.

The point is i mapped many objects with IE browser window, now if i use same browser window objects with FF, it causes problem.

Lee

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Issue solved, i did update the objectmapping file to match both of browser objects. Thanks. 
  • I am glad to read it. I missed that you are working with web page object as child of BrowserWindow. You should work with Page objects that are direct children of a browser process and you will not have to think about windows. If they are missing then it means that the web testing project option "Make Page object a child of the browser process" is disabled.