Forum Discussion

mbeckham
Occasional Contributor
6 months ago

Ghost Login Elements

Hi,

I'm currently running TC Version: 15.61.48.7 x64 and running automation BDD javascripts on a web app using Chrome Version 122.0.6261.70.

Recent (?) changes to the single sign on Chrome  login popup make it difficult/impossible for Name Mapping to recognise the popup and the elements within. The closest I can get is for Name Mapping to find the outlined red page element below.

1) What process should I employ in Name Mapping to handle this new "security" function for SSO ? 

2) I'm trying to run an executable file by creating a script using AutoIT that does a send(username), send(tab), send(password) and send(enter).  Compiling the script to make a Login.exe file.  But I'm struggling employing this method within the javascript code. 

Anyone whom has attempted either (1) or (2) with  success, I'd love to hear from. 

Thanks Mark.

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Enable MSAA in Project Settings,

Then try to see if TC is able to identify the sign in dialog

mbeckham
    Occasional Contributor

OK so after a lot of reading I found a thread that suggested to run TestComplete in SINGLE monitor mode. 

And BINGO !!  All my data elements are once again identifiable;  apart from the login Username and Password, which may have been the result of IT department security upgrades; which is strange because the page elements were originally mapped while using 2 monitors but with an earlier release of TestComplete.

Anyhow, thought this may be beneficial if others are racking the brains wondering why their mapping no longer works.

Cheers

Mark

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi Mark,

> And BINGO !

Thank you a lot for sharing this your experience.

> but with an earlier release of TestComplete.

This might be the root of problem as version 15 of TC is famous with bouncing problem of browser's popup windows recognition. :(
      You may try to downgrade TC and check if things start working again.