Forum Discussion

MargaretDNathan
Occasional Visitor
3 days ago

How To Fix QuickBooks Error UEXP?

I'm experiencing QuickBooks Error UEXP when trying to perform certain tasks within the software. It's hindering my workflow. How can I fix this issue?

1 Reply

• Hi MargaretDNathan 

QuickBooks Error UEXP typically occurs during the payroll update process, indicating an issue with the payroll update's connectivity or configuration. To resolve this error, follow these steps:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection. Disconnect and reconnect to verify stability.
    2. Update QuickBooks: Make sure your QuickBooks software is up to date. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now.
    3. Verify Payroll Service Key: Navigate to Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Key to ensure your payroll service key is correctly entered.
    4. Revalidate Payroll Subscription: Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information and revalidate your subscription.
    5. Restart QuickBooks: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.
    6. Firewall and Security Settings: Ensure that your firewall and antivirus software are not blocking QuickBooks processes.

If the error persists, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.