Forum Discussion

Andrew42Morey
New Contributor
4 days ago

How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=224?

I'm encountering QuickBooks Error Code C=224 while trying to access my company file. This error is preventing me from performing essential tasks within QuickBooks.

Here are some details that might help:

• QuickBooks Version: QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2023
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Error Occurrence: The error appears when attempting to open or work with a specific company file.
  • Steps Taken: I've tried restarting QuickBooks and my computer, but the error persists.

Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=224? Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

• Hi Andrew42Morey 

QuickBooks Error Code C=224 typically occurs when there's a problem with the data in the company file, often related to damaged transaction data or an issue with the file itself. Since you've already restarted QuickBooks and your computer without success, follow these steps to resolve the error:

1. Verify QuickBooks Version Compatibility: Ensure QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2023 is fully compatible with your version of Windows 10. Check for any updates for both QuickBooks and your operating system.
    2. Copy the Company File to Another Location: Make a copy of your company file (.QBW) and paste it to a different location on your computer or network drive. Sometimes, accessing the file from a different location can bypass the error.
    3. Run QuickBooks File Doctor: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to scan and repair any damaged company files or data. This tool can automatically fix many types of file-related issues, including Error Code C=224.
    4. Check for Data Damage: If the error persists, use the Verify Data and Rebuild Data utilities in QuickBooks to check for and repair data damage within the company file.
    5. Review Recent Changes: Reflect on any recent changes or transactions entered into QuickBooks before the error started occurring. Undoing or correcting recent changes may resolve the issue.

If the error persists after trying these steps, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance. Provide them with details about your system configuration, steps taken to troubleshoot, and any error messages encountered.